Support Sloth Conservation
One person at a time, one day at a time, and one project at a time, we all have the ability to make a serious difference that will leave a lasting impact on the world. Don’t ever underestimate the power that you have in your day-to-day actions.
Here are 7 simple things that you can do every day to help sloths – all from the comfort of your own home:
- Eat green – animal agriculture is the leading cause of rainforest destruction, so reducing your meat consumption is a great way to help!
- Go natural – say no to single use plastic! Did you know that every single piece of plastic ever created is still somewhere on our planet today… that adds up to the same weight as a billion elephants!
- Plant a tree – this can be incredibly rewarding and you can make it into a fun activity! Over 48 football fields worth of trees are chopped down every single minute, and the only way to offset this damage is to replace the lost forests
- Choose your food carefully – The production and transport of food is very damaging to the environment, so eat locally grown food whenever possible!
- Save your energy – turn off the lights, turn your computer off overnight, hang your clothes out to dry instead of using the drier, leave the car at home…. all of those little things that we do every day have a huge impact when we add them all up!
- Talk to the children – educate children about the simple things they can do to reduce their impact. Empowering the next generation with the knowledge to make a difference will lead to positive outcomes for the planet!
- Support the organisations who care – from your local business with eco friendly practices, to the conservation organisations that are globally working hard to protect nature. Do your research and donate to those organisations who will use your money to fund in-field conservation projects with documented (published!) results. If you aren’t in a position to donate, you could try to run annual fundraising events in your community, or simply spread the word about a particular cause! For birthdays and events try to buy gifts that give back, with proceeds going to support a non-profit working in conservation
If you are interested in getting involved in sloth conservation or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.
If you would like to keep up to date with all of the latest sloth conservation news and receive updates from the field, you can subscribe to below.
Volunteers and Internships
I am afraid we do not currently have any vacancies available for research assistants or interns. As the project develops, we may open up some positions. When these opportunities are available I will advertise them here and on the blog, so be sure to keep checking back!